Organisation Name: York Carers Centre
17 Priory Street, York, YO1 6ET
The volunteer role would be to support a small staff team with planning and organising events for unpaid carers:
• Researching options for events and liaising with the team around these
• Inputting own ideas and taking views of carers into account
• Planning and organising a number of events or sessions for carers, for example arts and crafts
sessions, historical tours, incl. both online and in person sessions
• Sourcing and booking venues and any catering where required
• Following in-house procedures for setting up booking systems for each event on our database
• Ensuring information is provided for publications
• Undertaking risk assessments for all events
These events aim to support carers who are lonely, isolated and in need of a few hours company or respite.
Skills and behaviours needed for the role:
This role would suit a volunteer who would like to utilize their organisational, administration, IT and communication skills and has around 7 hours per week to spare. The role would initially be from home and eventually based at our office at 17 Priory Street, York, YO1 6ET.
We provide induction, training and supervision. There will also be the option to attend events and meet with carers when possible, but this is not essential.
Will there be a DBS check? Yes
Driving Licence required? No
Volunteer's own vehicle required? No
What will the volunteer gain/benefit from:
We offer a warm welcome to all volunteers. As well as a comprehensive induction, training (safeguarding, carers training, boundaries, communication etc. as well as access to the City of York Council's Mylo online training), access to a regular volunteer support group, regular supervision and support, we also encourage volunteers to become part of our team to support carers. Hopefully the role with enable volunteers to feel part of a team and enhance their existing organisational, IT and communication skills as well as their knowledge and understanding of the need to support unpaid carers.
When are volunteers needed: Immediate start.
How to get involved:
For an application pack please email email@example.com for the attention of Samantha Ferguson, Training & Volunteer Officer.
Web link: Click here
Closing date: 30-09-2021