Organisation Name: The Island
Type of Voluntary Activity:
Advice / Information / Support
Befriending / Buddying
Sports / Physical Activities
Teaching / Training
Volunteering with Children & Young People
The role will offer positive interactions with individual young people through quality sustainable relationships. It will allow for young people to have an island of time and space away from their problems, encourage active participation in positive activities and allow for them to have wider positive influences and role models in their life.
The age group will be young people aged 8-18 years who require support through sustainable and positive Mentoring relationships. The purpose of the role will be to support with planning and delivery of sessions with individual young people.
All Mentors will be expected to follow The Island's Principles and Guidelines and adhere to organisational policies and structure.
All mentors need to commit to the role for 12 months (flexible).
No experience in mentoring is required, as full training and access to personal and professional development opportunities will be provided.
- A brief understanding of the key issues and influences affecting children and young people now.
- A passion for wishing to help young people through positive sustainable relationships.
- The skills to work independently and use creative and innovative ideas within the role.
- To be adaptable, enthusiastic and flexible and ensure that commitment and consistency is paramount.
- A commitment of 12 months is essential for 1-3 hours per week at a time that is suitable for each individual candidate. If you cannot commit to weekly but could do fortnightly, then please get in touch.
To apply to be a mentor, please visit www.theislandyork.org/work-with-us to download an application form. Once you have filled in the form, please email it to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Skills and behaviours needed for the role:
Will there be a DBS check? Yes
Driving License required? No
Volunteer's own vehicle required? No
What will the volunteer gain/benefit from:
- Opportunity to access several fully funded courses
When are volunteers needed: Flexible
How to get involved:
Web link: Click here
Closing date: 28-02-2022