Organisation Name: The Island York
32 Priory Street, York, YO1 6EX.
Children / Young People / Families
Type of Voluntary Activity:
With more and more goods being sold online, we are keen to get more active and to begin our own Ebay shop to generate additional income for our charity.
To get our online shop up and running, we are looking to recruit a volunteer Ebay team who will oversee the smooth running of the Ebay shop.
Typical volunteer tasks will include but not limited to:
- Researching items to ensure they are set at the best price possible to generate a sale
- Displaying and photographing goods for sale
- Listing items for sale, including being accurate with measurements
- Responding to all Ebay inquiries within a timely manner
- Preparing and dispatching items for delivery
Skills and behaviours needed for the role:
No experience is required, however, we would like volunteers who are:
- Enthusiastic and can work as part of a team and on their own
- Interested in photography and content writing
- Have great computer skills, including adding listings to Ebay
- Great communicators with the ability to offer exceptional customer service to potential Ebay customers and will work closely with our staff team
- Excellent administration skills
- Can commit to coming into The Island office (on Priory Street) once or twice a month (when guidelines permits) as well as doing additional volunteer work from home
- Minimum age 18
Will there be a DBS check? No
Driving Licence required? No
Volunteer's own vehicle required? No
What will the volunteer gain/benefit from:
When are volunteers needed:
How to get involved:
If you are interested in becoming an Ebay volunteer or have any questions, then please email email@example.com and a member of the team will come back to you to arrange a meet up.
Web link: Click here
Closing date: 29-10-2021