Organisation Name: SSAFA - the Armed Forces charity
SSAFA Office, Carlton Barracks, Carlton Gate, Leeds LS7 1HE
Veterans & Service People
Type of Voluntary Activity:
Location of Voluntary Activity:
Could you help to raise vital funds for SSAFA in your local area? You don’t need a military background, just the ability to get on with all kinds of people, some basic IT skills and good written and spoken English. If you already have some fundraising experience that would be great too but it’s not essential.
What is a Fundraising Coordinator?
As Fundraising Coordinator, you would work with your local SSAFA branch to develop a Fundraising Plan. You would be central to delivering this local plan to raise funds through a range of local sources including grants, trusts, appeals, collections and events.
Why do we need you?
SSAFA branches rely on a regular charitable income to fund all the necessities behind our support for clients. This includes volunteer travel expenses, phone bills, publicity and grants for clients in urgent needs. A varied programme of fundraising also keeps the SSAFA profile high in the local community. We’d love to hear from you if you could help by coordinating this vital aspect of your local SSAFA branch.
What would you be doing?
• Developing an ethical fundraising plan based on the needs of the branch and choosing a mix of sources
• Working with the branch secretary and Regional Fundraising Manager, recruit a team of fundraising volunteers to support events, appeals and collections
• Working with the Regional Fundraising Manager, support national fundraising campaigns
• Working with the Branch Publicity Officer, develop opportunities to combine awareness and fundraising
• Planning and running local appeals, collections and events
• Identifying and submitting applications to appropriate trusts and grant funding organisations
• Working with Marketing staff at central office check that all fundraising materials meet SSAFA branding style and current key messages
• Liaise with Regional Fundraising Manager when pursuing opportunities beyond local sources e.g. corporates
• Evaluate fundraising activities and provide reports and information for the branch
• Being a positive ambassador for SSAFA including all sections of the community in awareness raising
• Volunteering within the standards and values of SSAFA including observing our policies such as the Volunteering policy and data protection policy (these will be covered in your training and local induction.)
Skills and behaviours needed for the role:
• Friendly and approachable people with good communication skills including written and spoken English
• Confident to deal with the public, potential clients, volunteers, other agencies and SSAFA colleagues – face-to-face, by phone, email or via social media
• Experience of running events and or submitting funding applications would be welcome but not essential
• Ability to send and receive emails – you will receive your own SSAFA email address
• Ability to make enquires about fundraising opportunities by phone, email, letter or by filling in forms
• Reliable attitude, keep appointments, update the branch regarding your availability
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and keep information safely
• Access to public transport or a car to get to meetings and events
• Able to provide two referees: former employers or other people that know you well (other than relatives)
Will there be a DBS check? No
Driving Licence required? No
Volunteer's own vehicle required? No
What will the volunteer gain/benefit from:
• Use your skills, knowledge and life experience to benefit others • Give tangible and practical support to your local branch by raising funds used directly to support clients • Support and friendship from your local SSAFA branch and the wider SSAFA community • Experience, training and skills that you can highlight on your CV and in job interviews • Better physical and mental health – studies show that volunteers live longer and experience lower levels of stress and depression!
When are volunteers needed: This role would suit someone looking to give a regular time commitment to SSAFA although when and where would be flexible to suit you.
How to get involved:
Find out more and apply here: https://www.ssafa.org.uk/volunteer/fundraising-coordinator
Web link: Click here
Closing date: 25-09-2021