Organisation Name: Heslington Pre-School
on site of Lord Deramore's Primary School
Standard secretary jobs are as follows:
Send out meeting invites and agenda items
Take minutes during meetings
Keep track of important decisions made via written resolutions
Circulate minutes/decisions to relevant parties (committee, staff)
Skills and behaviours needed for the role:
No prior experience required, we'll help you settle in. Get in touch if you would like to help.
- Meet with one or two of our committee members to chat through the role
- Being dependable
- Being fairly computer literate: emails, word processing
- Time commitment required would be ca. 1h per week during school term time (weeks can be combined, e.g. 2h per fortnight)
- We expect the utmost confidentiality on issues concerning children and parents using Pre-School, and for staff and committee members, unless to do so would not comply with safeguarding requirements.
Will there be a DBS check? Yes
Driving Licence required? No
Volunteer's own vehicle required? No
What will the volunteer gain/benefit from:
- Build on your skill set - personal growth - Strengthen your CV - Make new friends - Give back to your community - Enjoy a fulfilling role
When are volunteers needed: From 1 September 2021 onwards. Filling in the necessary paperwork will be done as soon as convenient. We used to meet every half term (6x a year), but since the pandemic more of our decision-making has occurred via written means.
How to get involved:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest. We'd be happy to chat things through too, to see if the role is for you :) Please contact the staff team via 07708155484 who can forward your details to the committee.
Web link: Click here
Closing date: 31-10-2021