Voluntary Sector Assembly – Update
On 22 May, York CVS were joined by over 80 individuals, representing 52 organisations from across York, to actively discuss how the sector could address issues raised in the York Human Rights Indicator Report – with a focus on hate crime, social mobility and health inequalities.
Please click on the links below to view the PowerPoint Presentations from the event:
- York Human Rights Indicator Report – Liz Lockey, York Human Rights City Co-ordinator Centre for Applied Human Rights, University of York
- Hate crime Presentation – Superintendent Mark Khan, North Yorkshire Police
- Social Mobility – Derek Sutherland, Head of Primary School Improvement (Effectiveness & Achievement) Adviser City of York Council
- Health Inequalities – Prof Michael Holmes, Partner, Haxby Group York/Hull, Vice Chair of the Royal College of GPs Honorary Professor, Dept. of Health Sciences University of York
We are continuing to build our programme of Voluntary Sector Forums for 2019/20 based on feedback from the sector. Please find our summer programme listed below:
- 26 June 2019 – Voluntary Sector Forum – Aging Friendly Launch Event
- 27 July 2019 – Strategic Forum – Procurement and Social Value
- 30 July 2019 – Armed Forces Community Event
We’ll be circulating our Voluntary Sector Forums autumn programme shortly which will include forums focusing on County Lines, Modern Slavery and Prevent.
If you have any questions regarding the Voluntary Sector Forums, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org