This week is Safeguarding Week 2020 (22-26 June) and a reminder that Safeguarding is everybody’s business.
Concerns about abuse or neglect should continue to be reported to the local authority as normal during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please contact City of York Council (CYC) to report any concerns regarding the safety of an individual: www.york.gov.uk/ReportAdultAbuseInYork
Each day in Safeguarding Week will focus on a different safeguarding area; providing more information and how to report concerns. The five key themes are listed below and are supported by the Safeguarding Adults Boards, Safeguarding Children’s Partnerships and Community Safety Partnerships.
|Monday 22||Domestic Abuse (Inc. physical and emotional abuse)|
Keeping Safe Online
|Wednesday 24||Radicalisation, Extremism and Prevent|
|Thursday 25||County Lines/ Cuckooing|
|Friday 26||Mental health and Wellbeing|
How can my organisation support Safeguarding Week?
1. Post Safeguarding Week 2020 content on your social media accounts (download resources published by CYC and North Yorkshire County Council).
2. Follow the Boards and Partnerships on Twitter and retweet their social media posts:
- North Yorkshire Safeguarding Adult Board: @NYSAB1
- North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Partnership: @NYSCP1
- City of York Safeguarding Children Partnership: @YorkSCP
- City of York Council: @CityOfYork
- North Yorkshire: @northyorks_ccg
- North Yorkshire Police: @NYorksPolice
- North Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Group Facebook @NorthYorksCCG
3. If your organisation needs support with safeguarding policies and procedures, get in touch with our Funding and Development Officer, Jane Granville (email@example.com)