HR Update – 13 May
The Government announced yesterday that the furlough scheme would be extended until the end of October 2020. Our HR expert has highlighted the main points from the update below:
1. The scheme will be extended in its current format until the end of July which is an additional month’s extension. The scheme will then change from 1 August.
2. The Chancellor has hinted that he will make it more flexible, possibly allowing furloughed staff to return to work on a part-time basis but employers will still be able to access the furlough scheme. This is a change as currently staff are not allowed to do any work or volunteer for their current employer.
3. The Chancellor did clearly state that staff on furlough will not get less than the 80% as detailed in the current scheme. It is likely that from 1 August, employers will be asked to pay towards keeping their staff on furlough.
4. Employers have also been provided with guidance or how they can bring staff back into the office safely and I will provide more details on this next week.
5. Finally, it is important to state that the Government’s message is still if your staff can work from home then they should do.
If you would like help with any HR related issues during the pandemic such as bringing staff back to work, undertaking risk assessments, the furlough scheme or volunteering, then please get in touch by emailing HR@yorkcvs.org.uk