Volunteering isn’t free? The realities of social action
At York CVS we like to think, reflect and act. So we’re delighted to be working, with City of York Council, as an early partner on an exciting piece of development work, looking at the realities of creating social action.
We’ll be joined by Joe Cook and Jenny Mcneill from the Enabling Social Action Programme Twitter: @enabling_SA to discuss with you some early findings, ideas and issues. Be warned: this won’t be a conventional AGM lecture, much more of a conversation.
We’ll also be discussing Comoodle, a free to use online platform that’s all about sharing stuff, skills and space to support local community projects. Built after winning a global innovation award, it is now available in York, working in partnership with People Helping People, Live Well York, York Time Bank, York CVS and City of York Council.
All members are very welcome. There will be festive treats. Feel free to bring a friend or colleague too.
When: Wednesday 5 December 5.30pm – 7.30pm
Where: Priory Street Centre
To book your ticket, go to Eventbrite
Relevant papers are available to download below:
- 2018 AGM – Agenda
- 2018 AGM – Trustee elections
- 2018 AGM – Amendments to Articles of Association
- 2018 AGM – Draft revisions to Articles of Association
Items for AGM discussion are:
- Approval of Annual Report and Accounts 2017-18
- Special Resolution to amend the Articles of Association for terms of office for Trustees
- Trustee elections: personal statements from candidates. For information, one representative from all organisations in full membership will be eligible to vote, on behalf of that organisation.
- Appointment of auditors for 2018-19
Please note that items of Any Other Business need to be notified in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than close of play on Friday 30 November