Do you want to improve the world for blind and partially sighted people? Are you already part of your local sight loss community? Are there issues small or large which you would like to change? We will support you to plan and take action on issues that matter to you.
What you will be doing?
• Working closely with the RNIB Regional Campaigns Officer, relevant local organisations and other volunteer campaigners
• Meeting with local decision makers and influencers such as MPs, councillors etc, in relation to local issues.
• Identifying, planning and taking action on local issues
• Publicising campaigns through local networks and media
• Building links and developing contacts with relevant local organisations, groups and individuals
• Supporting campaign events in your area
What skills and experience are needed?
• Ability to listen and communicate to others, including decision makers
• Ability to understand issues from other people’s point of view
• Good judgement – knowing when to ask for help
• Being proactive – working on your own, using your initiative
• A willingness to engage with local organisations
• Enthusiasm to improve society
• Ability to commit the time needed to fulfil the role
Salary: Voluntary | Job type: Part time | Hours: About 6 hours per week
• Initial induction, and training as needed • Regular, ongoing supervision and support • Regular updates and information on local and national campaigns • Support for gaining media coverage and engaging with the media • Support to take on further positions of responsibility at a local, regional or national level, where you wish to do so. • Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training • An RNIB volunteer email account if required
Closing date: 26-11-2019
How to apply:
Please contact Catherine Tonge: firstname.lastname@example.org 07850 975093 0113 3862849 If you would like to apply or have a chat about this role.
Web link: Click here