Hours: Minimum of 1 hour per month to suit your availability
Want to do something amazing and be a walking buddy volunteer? There’s no minimum commitment, you just tell us when you’re available and we’ll allocate you where you’re needed!
Our walking buddy scheme is called Move Mates and our aim is to give people the confidence to get outside and get moving with your help.
You will be allocated to a service user who you will meet at their front door and accompany them wherever they want to go; perhaps it’s a walk to the local shop or to pick up a prescription, or it could be a walk to an activity they wanted to attend, maybe they fancy a walk around the block just to get moving and have a chat.
We will be helping anybody of any age, people facing
• mobility worries
• fear of falling
• social anxiety
For this role we require you to undertake a DBS check, provide a character reference (on application form) and undertake some self-led training. The training session will include adult safeguarding, basic mental health awareness and you will be trained in some basic exercises to help with balance and coordination too.
• To provide a minimum of 1 Move Mates support walk per month
• Ensuring service user are made to feel welcome and at ease
• Reporting any accidents or incidents
• Send pictures/quotes to the social media coordinator (with service user consent)
• Minimum age 18
• Compassionate and empathetic to people from all walks of life
• Good verbal communication
• Current DBS update (or documentation to get one)
Benefits of volunteering for us:
• Receive training in mental health awareness and adult safeguarding
• Attend training sessions to learn balance and coordination exercises
• Be part of an exciting and supportive community
• Volunteer meet-ups to get to know your fellow Move Mates
• Awesome feel good factor! You are a star
To apply, complete our online form: https://goo.gl/forms/oE6u719tnGJWwoVw1 or email email@example.com for further information
Location: York | Organisation: Move the Masses
Salary: volunteer role | Job type: Part time | Hours: Minimum of 1 hour monthly to suit your availability
Closing date: 28-02-2019
How to apply:
Web link: Click here