Do you want to support ward based staff in providing social interaction and meaningful activities within the mental health services for older people at Acomb Garth or Meadowfields, York. Both wards provide assessment and treatment for people with dementia.
We are seeking volunteers aged 18 or over to assist staff in facilitating meaningful activities for patients.
We deliver high quality care through provision of evidence-based interventions for people with dementia and recognise the importance of providing appropriate meaningful activities in helping to promote wellbeing.
Activities may include:
• Chatting and listening
• Board/card games
• Looking at newspapers/books/photographs together
• Themed activities i.e. popcorn and a dvd
• Light physical exercise (a walk in the garden)
• Use of music and the arts
• No access to patients records ( paper or electronic)
• No clinical or personal care
• All of the above will be in addition to an employee’s role and will
enhance and add value to the service that the team provides
If you are caring, compassionate and enthusiastic and have the courage and commitment to share your skills, we would like to meet you.
Supervision and training will be provided. If successful volunteers will be subject to a DBS check being completed. Limited actual out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed. You will be made to be part of the team.
If you would like to have a chat about the role, please contact:
Lesley Brown- Acomb Garth - 01904 736150 - email@example.com
Rebecca Griffiths- Meadowfields - 01904 770750 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: York and Surrounding Area | Organisation: Tees, Esk & Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
Salary: Voluntary | Job type: Part time | Hours: 2+
• Experience of working in a MHSOP setting. • Training • The opportunity to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team. • Making a contribution to the wellbeing of service users their carers and families
Closing date: 30-06-2019
How to apply:
Please visit the NHSjobs website, www.jobs.nhs.uk quoting reference number 346-206.
Web link: Click here