Age UK York is an independent local charity. We've been working in the local community to help older people for nearly 50 years. We have 100 dedicated staff and over 400 volunteers helping us to deliver services and activities for older people in York.
Salary- £10.00 per hour
Flexible hours and weekly shifts assigned in advance
Holidays are paid in accrual each month.
Full training provided.
Day to Day
Home Support Workers provide support to people in their own homes.
Tasks are to include:
• providing personal care
• assistance with dressing and undressing
• assisting into and out of bed
• changing pads, stoma care, change ted stockings
• preparation and serving of meals
• washing up
• general tidying up
• small amounts of shopping (eg bread, milk) etc
• Report any issues which may have arisen with regard to Health and Safety
• Have a understanding of the needs of older and vulnerable adults
• Ability to work on own initiative without supervision
• Willingness to work as part of team and support each other
• Ability to handle challenging or inappropriate behaviour
• Adaptability to rapidly changing situations and behaviour patterns
• Honesty and reliability
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels and in all medium
• Full driving licence and access to own vehicle
• Knowledge of safe Moving and Handling, basic First Aid, Health and Safety and Risk Assessment procedures.
• A knowledge of the social care sector and its procedures.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £10.00 per hour
Location: York surrounding areas | Organisation: Age UK York
Salary: £10.00 | Job type: Part time | Hours: flexible
£10.00 per hour Mileage paid at 45p Training provided Uniform provided.
Closing date: 31-01-2019
How to apply:
Web link: Click here