Main Description of Job:
To provide a reliable and efficient service to people in their own homes, providing a range of domestic tasks to help them to maintain a clean home.
• Visit customers in their own homes
• Carry out specific tasks (which have been agreed with the customer on the first visit) whilst allowing for flexibility
• To ensure all visits are on specified times and days agreed
• To treat all information relating to the customer as strictly confidential
• To contact the office immediately if the customers’ circumstances change
• To contact the office immediately if a visit is unable to be made for any reason in order that alternative arrangements can be made for the customer
• Friendly and caring nature with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Good at cleaning and able to vary your cleaning to fit the customers needs.
• Self motivated and willing to suggest tasks to the customer
• Happy to accept feedback from customers and employers on cleaning standards.
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Excellent communication skills to take into account our largely elderly customer base
• Demonstrate flexibility and reliability
• DBS Check will be required. Age UK York will pay for this.
• Previous experience in similar work
• Mobility (car owner/driver)
This job description is subject to occasional review and amendment, following consultation, as the position requires a flexible approach in the ability to prioritise differing activities. It is neither an exclusive nor exhaustive list of the duties involved in this position.
Location: Age UK York | Organisation: Age UK York
Salary: £8.25 per hour | Job type: Part time | Hours: flexible
£8.25 per hour Uniform Training provided Mileage paid at 45p
Closing date: 31-01-2019
How to apply:
Web link: Click here