Did you know that 1.2 million people in the UK are living with sight loss? RNIB currently supports 200,000 people per year, but we need your help to raise funds to reach far more people with our Talking Books, Helpline, specialist advice services, support groups and more. We also need to raise awareness as 50% of sight loss is preventable if people have an eye test every two years. Could you help us out for a few hours?
We have bucket collections coming up at Morrisons Boroughbridge on February 27th Morrisons Foss Island on March 6th and we would love to have your help for a few hours.
What will you be doing?
You could help us to raise vital funds and increase awareness of sight loss and RNIB’s work by helping out with one or more of the following:
• bucket collections in local supermarkets and town centres
• awareness raising stalls at local events
• giving talks to local groups
• helping out at community events
• using your local knowledge and contacts to approach or suggest potential fundraising or awareness raising opportunities
What skills and experience are needed?
• Friendly, confident and outgoing
• Good people skills / verbal communication skills
• Ability to use your own initiative
• Team working
• Able and willing to handle cash
What will you gain from the role?
• Experience of awareness raising and organising events
• Working with and meeting different people
• New experiences and skills
• A basic understanding of Community Fundraising
What support will be given?
• Training as needed
• Supervision and support from your volunteer manager
• Opportunities to carry out different parts of the role to broaden your experience
When do you need me?
You can volunteer on a one-off or occasional basis. We are a small team working across a big region so we don't have collections and events in the York area all the time.
Location: York and Surrounding Area | Organisation: RNIB - Royal National Institute of Blind People
Salary: Voluntary | Job type: Part time | Hours:
Induction, training, support an travel expenses provided.
Closing date: 15-02-2020
How to apply:
Please contact Catherine Tonge: firstname.lastname@example.org 0113 3862849 07850975093
Web link: Click here