We’re looking for at least two new trustees, including a treasurer, to help us achieve our ambitions here at York CVS!
Earlier this year, York CVS worked with members and partners on a new strategic plan based on four over-arching aims:
1. support voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations (VCSOs) active in York
2. promote and celebrate volunteering
3. reduce inequality through social action, and
4. improve life in York.
Priorities for the next years are to:
- support our members by providing information, advice, training, networking and representation
- promote volunteering of all kinds, from one-off opportunities to long-term links
- eliminate poverty in York
- tackle loneliness and encourage a sense of community
- help people stay well and feel well
- promote equality, diversity and opportunities for all.
All trustees need strategic vision, good judgement, the ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak their mind. We’re particularly interested to hear from people who –
- work or volunteer for a Voluntary, Community or Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector organisation
- have experience of social action, particularly in the field of poverty.
One trustee will act as our Treasurer and will need either an accountancy qualification or significant experience in financial management.
Interested? Get in touch
If you want to know what it’s like to be a trustee at York CVS, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll set up a call with our chair, David Harbourne. Once you’re ready to apply, download the information pack below and send us your application before the closing date of Thursday 30 September 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!