City of York Council are setting their budget for next year and need your help. They want to hear your views. Read more below.
Early in the New Year we will have to set the budget for the 2019/20 financial year and we want to hear from residents, businesses and community groups as to what that could look like. Areas you can have your say on include business rates, parking charges, plastic recycling and household waste and much more. We also want to hear your views on whether you think our current fees and charges are fair and if they need increasing or decreasing?
We have designed a budget simulator so you can make the very decisions our councillors will be making early next year. It should only take 5-10minutes but will challenge you to save £4m from the council’s budget.
Since we’ve saved £105m in the past decade there are some tricky decisions to make which is why we want to hear from you.
This year, there are a range of ways you can get involved.
- Take the budget challenge at york.budgetsimulator.com where you will find more information and where you can offer feedback.
- Complete the survey in Our City (the resident’s newsletter), distributed to households throughout October or available at West Offices or libraries.
- Come along to a drop-in session at West Offices on Tuesday 20 November between 5 and 7pm.
- The online consultation will close on Friday 30 November. All printed questionnaire responses from Our City must be received by Friday 23 November.
- We’ve tough decisions to make. Please help by telling us what decisions you’d make.
For more information visit www.york.gov.uk/budget