Find below information that may be useful to all forum members and others. If you have any information you’d like to share, please contact Jonathan Roberts or Sarah Birkett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City of York Council’s Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2017 to 2022 is now available to view here
- York Older People’s Survey is now live. Your views count!
- Outpatient clinics have reopened at Bootham Park Hospital. Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust have provided details of this reopening of outpatient clinics from 8th February. You can read their statement here.
- York Local Safeguarding Children’s Board and NSPCC have launched a campaign to tackle child sexual exploitation. They have produced a range of It’s not OK – sexual abuse campaign posters. To order hard copies of the posters or wallet cards, contact Helen Westerman, NSPCC Campaigns Manager on 07870 164937.
- York Independent Living Scheme film – information about how the Independent Living Scheme is supporting people with long term conditions to get the support they need
- Speak Up resources addressing learning disabilities and hate crime
Events and activities
Eye care survey
People with learning disabilities are being asked for their views about eye care and getting a sight test by charity SeeAbility.
Easy Read online surveys are now open until Monday February 15 and SeeAbility can also send copies in the post.
More information here at www.seeability.org/surveys.
SeeAbility wants to make sure eye care services are the best they can be for both children and adults with learning disabilities and will be publishing a report based on the surveys in 2016.