Running an organisation
York CVS provides a range of free information and development services to help your group. These include:
- Advice, information and support on:
- Starting up a voluntary or community group
- Charity/company registration
- Monitoring and evaluation, and project planning
- Employment advice service
- Financial management
- Policies and good practice.
We give support by phone, email or face-to-face, and also via FAQs here on the website.
- News updates to help you keep up with what's going on for the voluntary and community sector locally and nationally. These appear on our website and in our Voluntary Voice newsletter (published 10 times a year, free to CVS members).
- Networks in York. We support special interest groups in York by sending e-mail updates and organise meetings for groups such as children's organisations, mental health related groups, learning disability related groups.
- Training for staff, volunteers and management committee members to help build your knowledge and skills.
- An organisational Health Check service, which can help you to identify if there are any areas of your organisation’s activities which need improvement in order to be safe and legal.
- Support and training for management committees: tailored training sessions to help your committee tackle a specific issue and consultancy to help develop larger projects. (May be charged for depending on time commitment.)
- For employment advice please refer to: North Yorkshire Forum's Employment Advice Service