About our Service
Volunteer Centre York aims to enable more people to make a difference to themselves and their community through volunteering.
We aim to:
- Make volunteering more accessible to everyone
- Improve organisations’ abilities to involve volunteers
- Improve volunteers’ abilities to make a difference
We do this by:
- Helping people to decide what sort of volunteering they want to do and how to apply
- Promoting volunteering
- Working with organisations, helping them build their capacity to involve volunteers
- Developing new opportunities to volunteer
- Bringing organisations together
- Influencing volunteering strategy and policy
Who is the service for?
- Anyone interested in finding out more about volunteering We offer appointments with our advisers which are one-to-one and confidential, where the possible personal benefits of volunteering can be discussed.
- Voluntary and Community, Public or Private Sector Organisations who would like to involve volunteers in their work
What do we offer?
- Website We advertise volunteering opportunities on the national volunteering website www.do-it.org.uk and through our direct brokerage work at the Centre.
- Information We have various resources that can be accessed in the public information area at York CVS, relating to best practice when involving volunteers. Staff are available to offer advice and answer questions by appointment.
- Guidance, support and training We offer a range of support to organisations including network meetings and training. Please ask for current details of the guidance, support and training we are offering.
What Volunteer Centre York expects of organisations
- To provide us with full, accurate and up to date information about volunteering opportunities and the progress of people we have referred to you, including letting us know when the opportunity is no longer available
- To treat all staff and other users of the Volunteer Centre with courtesy and respect
- To let us know as soon as possible if you cannot attend an event or training session you have signed up for
Limitations of the service
- Owing to our commitment to promoting best practice we are unable to register volunteering opportunities on behalf of private individuals.
- While we act reasonably and carefully when referring volunteers, the responsibility for recruitment and selection rests with your organisation. We are unable to vet potential volunteers for suitability, take up references, or organise CRB checks.
How can I give feedback on the service I receive?
If you wish to comment on any aspect of the service, please let us know by any of the following means:
- E-mail us at email@example.com
- Call us on 01904 621133
- Write to us at Volunteer Centre York, York CVS, Priory Street Centre, 15 Priory Street, York YO1 6ET
Volunteer Centre York is open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm. We will try to deal with any complaint or problem immediately, but if we cannot, the Volunteer Centre Manager will contact you within 5 working days.
This information is also available in Microsoft Word document format. To download, please click on the link below.
|VC service info.doc||15/09/11 10:10 am|